How did the idea to immigrate came

 It was during the Covid pandemic on 14th April 2021. My wife just gave birth to our third child, our son. My wife’s first words were I remember how are we going to build the future of our three children now, considering the situation in the country. 

That question from my wife stayed in my head for some days. I never embraced the idea of leaving my country. I had a nice job and so did my wife. We had a house with a pool, living a decent life. But my wife always wanted to go abroad for a better future. She proposed that idea back then in 2011 after our marriage which I wiped out immediately.

But this time there was something which triggered me. I was stagnating in my career and really the situation in the country and the direction of the government back then made me see no future for my children in 20 years and so on. 

I then decided to make some research about immigrating to some countries. Our first choice was Canada and our plan B was New Zealand. We like both countries but we had a small preference for Canada as there were many Mauritians there.  

I went to some immigration agencies in the country to get more information and after looking at the pros and cons we decided to start the immigration process. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preparing for the Immigration Process