Preparing for the Immigration Process

While talking with some friends, it happens that two close friends since the secondary were also planning to Immigrate to Canada. Therefore, we all decided to start the process together steps by steps without going through an Immigration Agency and to help each other if ever anyone needed help.

So, I went on the site of the government of Canada to read everything concerning Immigration. There's all the information you need to know there, although sometimes it looks complex and difficult to understand. However being bilingual, I sometimes change the language to French so as to make sure i got the meaning right. I would advise to take the time to read everything with a rested head and taking notes while doing so.

I first started to evaluate my eligibility on Find out if you're eligible to apply - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. After doing that you get to know if you are eligible or not but by any case its not the final decision, its just to get an idea. Afterwards, I did create an account on World Education Services (WES) so as to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) required by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for degrees and diplomas earned outside of Canada.

In the meantime, I went to get the institutions where I did my graduate and post-graduate education to get a recent True Certified Copies of my certificates and transcripts which are required by WES and the IRCC. I also scheduled for me and my wife our language test at the British Council to do IELTS and at Alliance Française de L'Ile Maurice for TEF Canada to demonstrate our proficiency in English and French respectively. One can do only one language test but by doing both languages, you end up getting more points.

To train for these exams, you'll get all the resources online and also some practice exams. Some links are listed below:

While waiting to get the results of the the languages test, I opened my IRCC account for express entry and any other provincial programs apart Quebec and fill in all the information asked to save time.

Basically that are the first steps but so important towards Immigration. In my next post I will talk about the Quebec Immigration Process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How did the idea to immigrate came